Freephone: 020 3912 0861 020 3912 0861
Online Safeguarding (SOVA) Courses
We currently offer three e-learning courses on the topic of safeguarding, as well a combined course focusing on MCA & DoLS. All courses are aligned with CQC best practice guides and designed predominantly for care and educational settings.
Safeguarding of Children
Safeguarding of Children Practice Level 3
Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults (SOVA)
MCA & DoLS
Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults: Online Course Outline
- What is meant by safeguarding
- Identify the different types of abuse
- How to deal with the disclosure of abuse and the process to follow
- Safeguarding legislation
- Identify the support available following disclosure
Safeguarding Children: Online Course Outline
- Forms of abuse
- Identifying signs of abuse
- Behavioural changes
- Process of reporting abuse
- Support for the child
- Reporting concerns and confidentiality
- Duty of care
- Ensuring the safety of the child
- Safe practice & appropriate response
- Laws and responsibilities
Safeguarding Children Level 3: Online Course Outline
- Introduction - the key concepts and definitions relating to abuse
- Characteristics of abuse and neglect in all their forms
- Safeguarding, whilst minimising the risk of allegations and complaints
- Identify the key legislation
- Reporting, recording and confidentiality
- Responding to abuse or the risk of abuse
- Best practice for the response to disclosure
- Multi-agency working and sharing information
How much are these courses?
Prices vary depending on how many courses you need. Please view our pricing structure to find the licencing package that best suits your organisation.
We are so confident of our low cost prices that if we can’t beat your current provider, we will send you a free iPad mini!
Call now to see what we can do for you: 020 3912 0861 020 3912 0861
How do I book?
Please call us to get a quote. Once your booking is confirmed, we will then send you your joining instructions!
No downloads, no hassle. Just create a login and input the code we send you to start the course.
If you are likely to need multiple admin users, please also specify this at time of booking so that we can create a hierarchical structure that meets your organisational needs. The portal can also be rebranded to your specifications, so do please contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
How are the courses assessed?
Assessment is made via a multiple choice knowledge test presented at the end of the course. If this course is failed, the test can be retaken two hours later – perfect time for a bit of revision!
*Admin users can determine both the pass grade, as well as the total number of attempts permitted.
When do I get my certificates?
A digital certificate will be available for download from the portal upon successful completion of the knowledge test.
*Admin users can determine if this feature is made available to individual learners.
How long do I have to complete the courses?
Once a course is allocated to an individual, 1 licence is used, and the learner has 12 months to complete said course. An email is sent if the course has not been completed within 11 months.
*Unallocated licences have no expiry date. If for example you ordered 1000 licences, and allocated 600 courses in year 1, you would have 400 licenses left to allocate in year 2.