Freephone: 020 3912 0861 020 3912 0861
Handling & Administering Medication
We currently offer two e-learning courses on the topic of medication: The Control and Administration of Medicines – a level 3 course for experienced care givers, and Medication Awareness – which develops an understanding of a carers legal and moral responsibilities.
- Types of medication and what they do
- Medication classifications
- Medication administration techniques
- Safely storing and disposing of medication
- Receiving medication
- Rights of the patient
- Correctly recording all medication administration
- Reporting any errors or problems
- Staff responsibilities
- Complying with laws and legislation
Control and Administration of Medicines:
- Safe medicine handling procedures
- Prescribing, checking, obtaining and dispensing of medicines
- Disclosure and patient confidentiality
- Patient guidance and support
- Medicine classifications and their properties
- Administration methods and competence
- Identifying and reporting reactions to, or between, medicines
- Consenting to secondary administration
- Staff and patient risk assessment
- Administration preparation and accuracy
- Keeping record of administration, errors and medicine refusal
- Storing and disposing of medicines safely
- Relevant legislation and guidance
How much are these courses?
Prices vary depending on how many courses you need. Please view our pricing structure to find the licencing package that best suits your organisation.
We are so confident of our low cost prices that if we can’t beat your current provider, we will send you a free iPad mini!
Call now to see what we can do for you: 020 3912 0861 020 3912 0861
How do I book?
Please call us to get a quote. Once your booking is confirmed, we will then send you your joining instructions!
No downloads, no hassle. Just create a login and input the code we send you to start the course.
If you are likely to need multiple admin users, please also specify this at time of booking so that we can create a hierarchical structure that meets your organisational needs. The portal can also be rebranded to your specifications, so do please contact us and we will be happy to answer your questions.
How are the courses assessed?
Assessment is made via a multiple choice knowledge test presented at the end of the course. If this course is failed, the test can be retaken two hours later – perfect time for a bit of revision!
*Admin users can determine both the pass grade, as well as the total number of attempts permitted.
When do I get my certificates?
A digital certificate will be available for download from the portal upon successful completion of the knowledge test.
*Admin users can determine if this feature is made available to individual learners.
How long do I have to complete the courses?
Once a course is allocated to an individual, 1 licence is used, and the learner has 12 months to complete said course. An email is sent if the course has not been completed within 11 months.
*Unallocated licences have no expiry date. If for example you ordered 1000 licences, and allocated 600 courses in year 1, you would have 400 licenses left to allocate in year 2.